Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cool Car, Cooler Man

Like most men who think about classic style, I am obsessed with Cary Grant. And like a few men, including Steve Urkel, I am obsessed with the BMW Isetta. So, for me, finding this picture this picture is like finding the Rosetta Stone.

I first noticed the Isetta in the Peter Sellers film "The Naked Truth" and was immediately in love.

With the success of the new MINI, there are rumors BMW is creating a new Isetta. But, looking at the concept cars online, the new versions aren't the same. Most obviously, they are much larger and the door is not on the front side of the car.


I regularly check Ebay Motors and other sites and old Isetta are just too expensive, so I guess I will never be an Isetta owner. But, then again, I'll never be Cary Grant. And as Cary Grant said, "Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant."

No comments:

Post a Comment