Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why Upsidedownjenny

As a teenager I learned about the Inverted Jenny (seen above), a rare and expensive stamp.

The basic story is that the stamp is was a misprint with the airmail plane, A Jenny, printed upside down. A stamp collector went into a post office to buy stamps, found a misprinted sheet, hiding his excitement simply bought the entire sheet and left. Those began the story of the Inverted Jenny.

I wrote down the name as "Upside Down Jenny" in my commonplace book, but later learned it was more commonly known of as "Inverted Jenny". Such is life.

Upsidedownjenny became my name for any activities on the internet when I didn't want to use my real name and, for want of a better name, I am using it in my blog. Yawn.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete